By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Gun GravyGun GravyGun Gravy
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Reading: Judge forces CA hospital to keep trans treatments for minors despite Trump funding threat
Share
Font ResizerAa
Gun GravyGun Gravy
  • Latest News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Gun Gravy > Latest News > Judge forces CA hospital to keep trans treatments for minors despite Trump funding threat
Judge forces CA hospital to keep trans treatments for minors despite Trump funding threat
Latest News

Judge forces CA hospital to keep trans treatments for minors despite Trump funding threat

Jim Flanders
Last updated: February 21, 2026 12:31 pm
Jim Flanders Published February 21, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

A California judge is requiring a San Diego children’s hospital to continue providing transgender treatments to minors for now, extending a temporary restraining order as hospitals in California and New York take sharply different approaches to President Donald Trump’s executive order threatening to pull federal funding.

San Diego Superior Court Judge Matthew Braner agreed last week to extend a temporary restraining order by 15 days, allowing Rady Children’s Health to continue providing hormone therapy and puberty blockers to minors despite the Trump administration’s efforts to ban such treatments and fears of losing federal funds.

The judge’s order comes as a New York City hospital announced this week it is ending its Transgender Youth Health Program in part due to the “current regulatory environment” — a result of Trump’s executive order aimed at banning transgender medical procedures for minors.

FLORIDA EXECS SENTENCED IN $233M OBAMACARE FRAUD THAT TARGETED HOMELESS, HURRICANE VICTIMS

At issue is Trump’s executive order, signed shortly after he took office, that seeks to end transgender treatment for minors. In December, the Health and Human Services Department proposed a new rule that would strip federal Medicare and Medicaid funding for hospitals that provide “sex‑rejecting procedures” for children under the age of 18.

NYU Langone Health, one of New York City’s largest hospital networks, said the change was due to what hospital officials cited as the “current regulatory environment.” 

Meanwhile, lawyers for the San Diego hospital argued in court that continuing the treatments for minors, even temporarily, could expose it to immediate risk and threaten its Medicaid and Medicare funding — a critical revenue source given Rady’s status as Southern California’s largest children’s health care provider.

Braner acknowledged after hearing from both parties that Rady and other hospitals likely feel caught “between a rock and a hard place” amid heightened scrutiny from the Trump administration.

Still, he said concerns about losing funding could be quickly addressed if that scenario unfolds. “We’ll clear our calendar, and we’ll have a hearing within 24 hours of any notice” from HHS, he said, according to local news outlets.

100 DAYS OF INJUNCTIONS, TRIALS AND ‘TEFLON DON’: TRUMP SECOND TERM MEETS ITS BIGGEST TESTS IN COURT

Donald Trump and pro-transgender rights protesters

The reassurances from the judge, whose extension is slated to last through March 15, did little to assuage Rady’s lawyers, who cited the risks of noncompliance and told the judge that even in a short window, continuing the treatments could pose a “catastrophic risk.”

The legal back-and-forth comes as more than 40 hospitals in the U.S. have so far restricted such treatments for minors, in compliance with the administration’s guidance, according to data compiled by STAT News earlier this month. 

“Given the recent departure of our medical director, coupled with the current regulatory environment, we made the difficult decision to discontinue our Transgender Youth Health Program,” NYU Langone officials said in a statement this week announcing the hospital was ending transgender treatment for minors.

Children's National Hospital in Washington, D.C.

“We are committed to helping patients in our care manage this change. This does not impact our pediatric mental health care programs, which will continue,” the hospital said.

Officials at Rady in San Diego previously announced the hospital would also stop treatments for minors in accordance with the Trump administration’s guidance. The announcement prompted California Attorney General Rob Bonta to file a lawsuit earlier this year.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Portland police arrest conservative journalist on another night of chaotic anti-ICE clashes

Charlotte man charged with Iryna Zarutska’s killing could face death penalty

Vandals hit Yosemite National Park with graffiti on boulder, more

Suspect accused of killing sleeping passenger on Chicago train filmed himself carrying out attack: prosecutors

Sanctuary politicians’ rhetoric led to 1,150% surge in violence against ICE agents: DHS

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Truck caught on camera plowing into famed Australian synagogue in alleged hate crime
Latest News

Truck caught on camera plowing into famed Australian synagogue in alleged hate crime

Jim Flanders Jim Flanders February 21, 2026
Firearm Policy Changes Progress in Iowa Legislature With Focus on Vehicles and School Property
Colombian nationals allegedly ran fake law firm, impersonated federal judges to defraud migrants out of $100K
Slavery Lasted in the Antebellum U.S. Because the Federal Government Protected It
Ex-American Idol contestant charged in wife’s murder previously described as ‘very talented’ church leader
US military kills 3 in latest strike on a suspected drug vessel in the Pacific
Family of Ohio teacher ‘clinging to faith’ after ex-‘American Idol’ contestant husband charged with her murder
Latest News

Family of Ohio teacher ‘clinging to faith’ after ex-‘American Idol’ contestant husband charged with her murder

Jim Flanders Jim Flanders February 21, 2026
‘How to Make a Killing’ Review: Glen Powell eyes the family fortune in A24’s comedic noir
Latest News

‘How to Make a Killing’ Review: Glen Powell eyes the family fortune in A24’s comedic noir

Jim Flanders Jim Flanders February 21, 2026
OpenAI didn’t contact police despite employees flagging mass shooter’s concerning chatbot interactions: REPORT
Latest News

OpenAI didn’t contact police despite employees flagging mass shooter’s concerning chatbot interactions: REPORT

Jim Flanders Jim Flanders February 21, 2026
  • Latest News
  • Videos
  • Tactical
  • Firearms
2024 © Gun Gravy. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?