By using this site, you agree to the Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.
Accept
Gun GravyGun GravyGun Gravy
Notification Show More
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Reading: Fake police officers kidnapping Americans in Haiti, sparking renewed strong travel warning
Share
Font ResizerAa
Gun GravyGun Gravy
  • Latest News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • Latest News
  • Firearms
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
Gun Gravy > Latest News > Fake police officers kidnapping Americans in Haiti, sparking renewed strong travel warning
Fake police officers kidnapping Americans in Haiti, sparking renewed strong travel warning
Latest News

Fake police officers kidnapping Americans in Haiti, sparking renewed strong travel warning

Jim Flanders
Last updated: February 19, 2026 3:31 am
Jim Flanders Published February 19, 2026
Share
SHARE

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Kidnappers posing as police officers are targeting victims in Haiti’s capital as ransom abductions spike in Port-au-Prince, prompting the U.S. Embassy to issue a fresh security warning urging Americans to limit travel and avoid driving alone.

The embassy said there has been an increase in reported kidnappings for ransom, particularly in the Delmas area, with some assailants impersonating law enforcement to carry out abductions.

U.S. officials urged Americans to limit all unnecessary travel, avoid traveling alone and inform someone of their movements and expected return times.

“Do not drive alone,” the notice stated, reiterating that Haiti remains under a Level 4 – Do Not Travel advisory, the State Department’s highest warning level.

UN STAFF IN HAITI TOLD TO STAY OFF STREETS AFTER GANG COALITION FLEXES MUSCLE, US MARINES FACE GUNFIRE

Fox News Digital has reached out to the State Department for additional information on the matter.

The warning comes weeks after the U.S. Embassy in Port-au-Prince notified U.S. citizens of ongoing security operations north and south of the compound and in Croix-des-Bouquets after heavy gunfire was reported in the capital.

The violence prompted U.S. government personnel to halt all movements, according to the State Department, and officials urged nearby American citizens to avoid the area and monitor local media for updates.

OFFICIALS CHANGE TRAVEL ALERT FOR SPRING BREAK HOT SPOT WHILE WARNING OF ‘SEXUAL ASSAULTS’

Armed gangs control large portions of Port-au-Prince and surrounding areas, according to the State Department and the United Nations Integrated Office in Haiti.

Croix-des-Bouquets, one of the areas referenced in the recent warning, has long been considered a stronghold of the 400 Mawozo gang.

STATE DEPARTMENT ISSUES SECURITY ALERT AMID ‘HEAVY GUNFIRE’ NEAR US EMBASSY IN HAITI

Haitians flee homes due to the gang violence, in Port-au-Prince

Joly Germine, 34, of Croix-des-Bouquets, was sentenced to life in prison in December for his role in the 2021 abduction of 16 American citizens, including five children, Fox News Digital previously reported.

The victims, with Ohio-based Christian Aid Ministries, were returning from an orphanage when they were taken hostage, according to the Justice Department.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The alerts underscore the worsening security crisis in Port-au-Prince, where heavily armed gangs control large swaths of the city and kidnappings have become a major source of revenue for criminal groups. Ransom abductions have plagued Haiti for years, often targeting business owners, aid workers and foreign nationals perceived as able to pay.

Fox News Digital’s Alexandra Koch contributed to this report.

Read the full article here

You Might Also Like

Is This The Best Rifle From WWII?

Are We Becoming Too Impatient As A Society?

American OnlyFans star with Mexican cartel ties kidnapped at gunpoint outside mall

Good Samaritan hijacks crooks’ getaway car and rams it into jewelry store during smash-and-grab: police

Beauty influencer found dead in suitcase in forest after ex-boyfriend allegedly confesses: reports

Share This Article
Facebook Twitter Email Print
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

We Recommend
Nancy Guthrie once played along in staged childhood ‘kidnapping’ tradition, daughter’s book says
Latest News

Nancy Guthrie once played along in staged childhood ‘kidnapping’ tradition, daughter’s book says

Jim Flanders Jim Flanders February 19, 2026
Trump Builds Up “Armada” In The Middle East
Illegal immigrant truck driver accused of killing Indiana man after running red light
Bill Gates Faces Backlash Over Epstein Files, Prince Andrew Arrested
Heroic bystander recounts staring into eyes of hockey rink shooter during life or death struggle
Timeline: NBC host Savannah Guthrie’s mother disappears, family ruled out as suspects
Family says law enforcement can ‘do better’ after 13-year-old slashed by repeat offender at Daytona boardwalk
Latest News

Family says law enforcement can ‘do better’ after 13-year-old slashed by repeat offender at Daytona boardwalk

Jim Flanders Jim Flanders February 19, 2026
Trump Considers Killing “Scores of Iranian Political and Military Leaders”
Tactical

Trump Considers Killing “Scores of Iranian Political and Military Leaders”

Jim Flanders Jim Flanders February 19, 2026
Trump’s ‘no-nonsense’ DC crackdown tops 10k arrests as DOJ declares era of ‘unchecked violence is over’
Latest News

Trump’s ‘no-nonsense’ DC crackdown tops 10k arrests as DOJ declares era of ‘unchecked violence is over’

Jim Flanders Jim Flanders February 19, 2026
  • Latest News
  • Videos
  • Tactical
  • Firearms
2024 © Gun Gravy. All Rights Reserved.
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?